Porcelain veneers can transform your teeth, hiding imperfections to reveal a gorgeous smile. At Exceptional Dentistry, we offer veneers as part of our cosmetic dental services. We often use this popular procedure for smile makeovers because veneers can cover all of the teeth visible when you smile. Learn more about how veneers can give you a confident smile, what to expect for the procedure, and how to make your results last. Plus, learn if you are a candidate for veneers.
We partner with a trusted dental lab that handcrafts veneers to look just like natural teeth, only perfect and without flaws. Once the veneers are ready, we permanently attach them to each tooth so that your new smile will last for years. Veneers are permanent and can only be removed by a dentist.
- We begin with a consultation to determine how many veneers you will need. Once that is decided, we move on to the preparation phase, which is typically done at a separate visit.
- During the preparation appointment, we numb your mouth, and the dentist removes a little bit of tooth structure from each tooth being treated. The purpose of doing this is to create enough room for the veneer to bond and to help strengthen the bond between the veneers and each tooth.
- Then, we take impressions of your teeth, which are molds that the dental lab uses as a guide when making your veneers.
- We fit your teeth with temporary veneers to wear while the lab fabricates your real ones. It may take a couple of weeks or so for the lab to finish your veneers.
- You return at a later date for the dentist to seat your veneers. We ensure each veneer fits and looks perfect, making necessary adjustments before permanently adhering them to your teeth.
Nope! In fact, many people get veneers because their teeth are slightly crooked, overlapping, or twisted. While veneers do not actually shift your teeth into proper alignment like orthodontics, they can be crafted to make it look as though your teeth are straight. Speak with our Louisville dentists if you are unsure whether veneers are suitable for your teeth.
Veneers are quite durable and can withstand usual biting and chewing. However, plan on committing to a daily oral hygiene regimen and seeing the dentist twice a year for checkups and cleanings. If you grind your teeth while sleeping, ask us about a nightguard that you can wear to protect your teeth and veneers against wear and tear.